Minjoo Larry Lee
Website:Lee Research Group
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Sc.B., Brown University
The Lee Group at Yale works at the intersection between electrical engineering and materials science. We are currently investigating the following areas:
Device themes- solar cells, light emitters (LEDs and laser diodes) from visible to mid-infrared, optoelectronic integration on Si
Materials themes- molecular beam epitaxy, lattice-mismatched/metamorphic growth, self-assembled quantum dots, III-V on Si growth
Selected Awards & Honors:
- 7 best presentation prizes to advisees at IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Electronic Materials Conference, and North American conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (2010-2015)
- Ackerman Award for Teaching and Mentoring (2015)
- Invited speaker at the Gordon Research Conference on Defects in Semiconductors (2014)
- NAMBE Young Investigator Award (2012)
- Lange Lecturer in Materials for “Outstanding contributions to strain engineered semiconductor materials”, UC Santa Barbara, (2012)
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (2011)
- NSF CAREER Award (2010)
- ScienceWatch Fast Moving Fronts featured paper (2010)
- George E. Smith Best Paper Award, IEEE Electron Device Society (2005)
- Gold Award, Materials Research Society Spring Meeting (2003)
- Mid-infrared electroluminescence from InAs type-I quantum wells grown on InAsP/InP metamorphic buffers, (2015), D. Jung, L. Yu, D. Wasserman, M. L. Lee, Journal of Applied Physics, 118, 183101.
- High Performance Ultrathin GaAs Solar Cells Enabled with Heterogeneously Integrated Dielectric Periodic Nanostructures, 2015, S.-M. Lee, A. Kwong, D. Jung, J. Faucher, R. Biswas, L. Shen, D. Kang, M. L. Lee*, J. Yoon*, ACS Nano, 9, 10356. *co-corresponding authors.
- Low spatial coherence electrically pumped semiconductor laser for speckle-free full-field imaging, 2015, B. Redding, A. Cerjan, X. Huang, M. L. Lee, A. D. Stone, M. A. Choma, H. Cao PNAS, 112, 1304-1309.
- Strain-driven growth of GaAs(111) quantum dots with low fine structure splitting, C. D. Yerino, P. J. Simmonds, B. Liang, D. Jung, C. Schneider, S. Unsleber, M. Vo, D. L. Huffaker, S. Höfling, M. Kamp and M. L. Lee, 2014, Appl. Phys. Lett., 105, 251901 (2014).
- Comparison of GaAsP solar cells on GaP and GaP/Si, Jordan R. Lang, Joseph Faucher, Stephanie Tomasulo, Kevin Nay Yaung, Minjoo Larry Lee, 2013, Appl. Phys. Lett., 103 (9), 092102.
- Tuning Quantum Dot Luminescence Below the Bulk Band Gap Using Tensile Strain, Paul J. Simmonds*, Christopher D. Yerino*, Meng Sun, Baolai Liang, Diana L. Huffaker, Vitaliy G. Dorogan, Yuriy Mazur, Gregory Salamo, and Minjoo Larry Lee, 2013, ACS Nano, 7 (6), 5017–5023. * indicates these authors contributed equally.
- InGaAs/GaP quantum dot light-emitting diodes on Si, Y. Song and M. L. Lee, 2013, App. Phys. Lett., 103, 141906.
- Applied Physics Focused Review- Strained Si, SiGe, and Ge channels for high-mobility metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors, Minjoo Larry Lee, E. A. Fitzgerald, M. T. Bulsara, M. T. Currie, A. Lochtefeld, 2005, Journal of Applied Physics, 97 (1), 011101.
- "Tensile strained Ge for electronic and optoelectronic applications", 8,063,413: Bai, Yu; (Cambridge, MA), Lee, Minjoo L.; (Hamden, CT), Fitzgerald, Eugene A.; (Windham, NH)
- "Structure and method for a high-speed semiconductor device having a Ge channel layer", 7,301,180, 2007: Lee, Minjoo L. (Hamden, CT); Leitz, Christopher W. (Nashua, NH); Fitzgerald, Eugene A. (Windham, NH)
- "Method for improving hole mobility enhancement in strained silicon p-type MOSFETS", 7,005,668, 2006: Lee, Minjoo L.; (Cambridge, MA) ; Fitzgerald, Eugene A.; (Windham, NH)
- "Structures with planar strained layers", 7,141,820, 2006: Lee, Minjoo L.; (Cambridge, MA) ; Leitz, Christopher W.; (Nashua, NH) ; Fitzgerald, Eugene A.; (Windham, NH) (10-year licensing agreement with Intel corporation)
- "Enhancement of p-type metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistors", 6,916,727, 2005: Leitz, Christopher W.; (Nashua, NH) ; Lee, Minjoo L.; (Cambridge, MA) ; Fitzgerald, Eugene A.; (Windham, NH) (10-year licensing agreement with Intel corporation)
- "Formation of planar strained layers", 6,730,551, 2004: Lee, Minjoo L.; (Cambridge, MA) ; Leitz, Christopher W.; (Nashua, NH) ; Fitzgerald, Eugene A.; (Windham, NH) (10-year licensing agreement with Intel corporation)