Eric I. Altman
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
Dynamics of processes at surfaces using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) and related techniques; structure-reactivity relationships in oxide catalysts; manipulation of surface chemistry through novel routes; the nucleation and growth of thin films.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) (1998)
- Growth and Surface Structure of Vanadium Oxides on Anatase (001), W. Gao, C.M. Wang, H.Q. Wang, Victor E Henrich, Eric I Altman, 2004, Surf. Sci., 559, 201.
- Studies of the Electronic Structure at the Fe3O4– NiO Interface, H.-Q. Wang, W. Gao, Eric I Altman, Victor E Henrich, 2004, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A22, 1675.
- The Formation of Metastable Two-Dimensional Structures During the Growth of Ag on Ge(100) , L.H. Chan, Eric I Altman, 2002, Physical Review B, 66, 115339.
- Formic Acid Adsorption on Anatase TiO2(001)–(1x4) Thin Films Studied by NC-AFM and STM, R.E. Tanner, A. Sasahara, Y. Liang, Eric I Altman, H. Onishi, 2002, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 106, 8211.
- The Reactivity of Surface Oxygen Phases on Pd(100) Towards Reduction by CO , G. Zheng , Eric I Altman, 2002, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 106, 1048.
- Formation and Interaction of Epitaxial Ge Structures on Ge(001) , Min Li, Eric I Altman, 2002, Physical Review B, 66, 115313.