Ph.D., The Johns Hopkins University
Biomaterials for drug and antigen delivery to the immune system; development of novel MRI contrast agents for detection of specifc T cells and antigen-presenting cells; biological driven-design of materials for drug delivery.
Selected Awards & Honors:
Early Career Award from the Coulter Foundation for his project "Multimodal Nanoparticles for Targeting Autoimmune T Cells in Systemic Lupus Erythema-tosus: A Strategy for Non-invasive Diagnosis and Targeted Drug Delivery," a collaboration with Dr. Joseph Craft, Chief of Rheumatology and Professor of Internal Medicine and Professor of Immunobiology at Yale. (2006)
- Criscione JM, Le BL, Stern E, Brennan M, Rahner C, Papademetris X, Fahmy TM. Self-assembly of pH-responsive fluorinated dendrimer-based particulates for drug delivery and noninvasive Imaging. Biomaterials. 2009 Aug;30(23-24):3946-5.
- Demento S, Eisenbarth SC, Foellmer HG, Platt C, Caplan MH, Saltzman WM, Mellman I, Ledizet M, Fikrig E, Flavell RA, Fahmy TM. Inflammasome-activating biodegradable nanoparticulates as vaccine delivery systems. Vaccine. 2009 May 18;27(23):3013-21.
- Steenblock E, Wrzesiniski, Flavell RA, Fahmy TM. Antigen presentation on artificial acellular substrates: Modular systems for flexible, adaptable immunotherapy. Expert Opin. Biol. Therapy. 2009 Apr;9(4):451-64.
- Steenblock E, Fahmy TM, A comprehensive platform for T cell stimulation based on biodegradable artificial antigen-presenting cell microparticles. Molecular Therapy. 2008 Apr;16(4):765-72.
- Fadel TR, Haller G, Pfefferle L, Fahmy TM, Enhanced cellular activation with single-wall carbon nanotubes presenting antibody stimuli. Nanoletters. 2008 Oct;8(10):3310-4.
- Stern E, Steenblock E, Reed MA, Fahmy TM, Label-free electronic detection of the antigen-specific immune response. Nanoletters. 2008 Oct;8(10):3310-4.
- Fahmy TM, Fong P, Park J, Constable T, Saltzman WM, Nanosystems for simultaneous imaging and drug delivery to T cells. AAPS J. 2007 Jun 8;9(2):E171-80.