Ph.D., University of Southern California
Biomedical image processing and analysis; quantitative strategies for image analysis based on geometrical and physical models and statistical decision making. Applications in analysis of left ventricular (LV) cardiac function, neuro- structure/function, image-guided intervention.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- IEEE Fellow (2001)
- Inducted into American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (2000)
- 3D Image Segmentation of Deformable Objects with Shape-Appearance Joint Prior Models, J. Yang, James S Duncan, 2003, MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention), 1, 573-580.
- Neighbor-Constrained Segmentation with 3D Deformable Models, J. Yang, Lawrence H Staib, James S Duncan, 2003, IPMI (Info. Processing in Med. Imaging), 198-209.
- Estimating Tissue Deformation Between Functional Images Induced By Intracranial Electrode Implantation Using Anatomical MRI, C. Studholme, I.G. Zubal, E. Novotny, James S Duncan, 2001, Neuroimage, 13(4), 561-576.
- A unified framework for brain anatomical feature registration , H. Chui, R. Schultz, L. Win, James S Duncan, A. Rangarajan, 2001, IPMI (Info. Processing in Med. Imaging), 300-314.