T. Kyle Vanderlick
Dean of the School of Engineering & Applied Science & Thomas E. Golden, Jr. Professor of Chemical & Environmental Engineering
Room / Office: Dunham 236
10 Hillhouse AvenueNew Haven, CT 06511
P.O. Box 208267New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 432-4220
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- M.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Properties of synthetic and biological membranes; molecular engineering of structured surfaces and nanostructures; adhesion and surface forces.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Presented the Ethel Z. Casassa Memorial Lecture at Carnegie Mellon University (2006)
- Presented the Grace Hopper Lecture at the University at Pennsylvania (2002)
- President's Award for Distinguished Teaching: Princeton University (2002)
- Van Ness Lectures Presenter at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1997)
- Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching: University of Pennsylvania (1993)
- David and Lucile Packard Fellowship (1991)
- Presidential Young Investigator Award (1989)
- Single vesicle observations of the cardiolipin - cytochrome c interaction: induction of membrane morphology changes, Beales, P. A., Bergstrom, C.L., Geerts, N., Groves, J.T., and T. K. Vanderlick, Langmuir, 27, 6107-6115 (2011).
- Giant Phospholipid/Block Copolymer Hybrid Vesicles: Mixing Behavior and Domain Formation, Nam, J., Beales, P. A., and T. K. Vanderlick, Langmuir, 27, 1-6 (2011).
- Specific Adhesion between DNA-functionalized "Janus" Vesicles: Size-Limited Clusters, Beales, P. A. and T. K. Vanderlick, Soft Matter, 7, 1747-1755 (2011).
- Partitioning of Membrane-Anchored DNA between Coexisting Lipid Phases, Beales, P. A. and T. K. Vanderlick,Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 113, 13678-13686 (2009).
- DNA as Membrane-Bound Ligand-Receptor Pairs: Duplex Stability is Tuned by Inter-Membrane Forces, Beales, P. A. and T. K. Vanderlick, Biophysical Journal, 96, 1554-1565 (2009).
- Making, Breaking, and Shaping Contacts by Controlling Double Layer Forces, Vanderlick, T. K. and J. Frechette,Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 48, 2315-2319 (2009).