Drew R. Gentner
Website:Gentner Research Group
Assistant Professor of Chemical & Environmental Engineering & Forestry & Environmental Studies
Room / Office: Room 526
17 Hillhouse AvenueNew Haven, CT 06511
P.O. Box 208263New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 432-4382
- Ph.D., UC Berkeley
- B.S., Northwestern University
- Emissions and physical/chemical processes of primary and secondary air pollution
- Impacts of traditional and alternative energy production/use on air quality, climate change, and public health
- Air quality and energy in developing countries and megacities
- Organic aerosols and ozone in the atmosphere
- Novel instrumentation/methods to measure understudied components of the atmosphere
- Large-scale field projects, laboratory studies, and atmospheric modeling
- Elucidating secondary organic aerosol from diesel and gasoline vehicles through detailed characterization of organic carbon emissions D.R. Gentner, G. Isaacman, D.R. Worton, A.W.H. Chan, T.R. Dallmann, L. Davis, S. Liu, D.A. Day, L.M. Russell, K.R. Wilson, R. Weber, A. Guha, R.A. Harley, A.H. Goldstein (2012), Proceedings of the National Academy, 109 (45) 18318-18323.
- Chemical composition of gas-phase organic carbon emissions from motor vehicles and implications for ozone production, D.R. Gentner, D.R. Worton, G. Isaacman, L. Davis, T.R. Dallmann, E. Wood, S. Herndon, R.A. Harley, A.H. Goldstein (2013), Environmental Science and Technology, 47 (20), pp 11837–11848.
- Embracing Complexity: Deciphering origins and transformations of atmospheric organics through speciated measurements, D.R. Worton, D.R. Gentner, G. Isaacman, A.H. Goldstein (2012), Environmental Science and Technology, 46 (10) 5265-5266.
- Emissions of organic carbon and methane from petroleum and dairy operations in California’s San Joaquin Valley, D.R. Gentner, T.B. Ford, A. Guha, J. Brioude, W.M. Angevine, J.A. de Gouw, C. Warneke, J.B. Gilman, T.B. Ryerson, J. Peischl, S. Meinardi, D.R. Blake, E. Atlas, W.A. Lonneman, T.E. Kleindienst, M.R. Beaver, J.M. St. Clair, P.O. Wennberg, T.C. VandenBoer, M.Z. Markovic, J.G. Murphy, R.A. Harley, A.H. Goldstein (2013), Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 13, 1-54.
- Emissions of Terpenoids, Benzenoids, and Other Biogenic Gas-phase Organic Compounds from Agriculture and their Potential Implications for Air Quality, D.R. Gentner, E. Ormeno, T.B. Ford, S. Fares, R. Weber, J.H. Park, J.F. Karlik, A.H. Goldstein (2013), Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 13, 1-51.
- Nighttime growth of particulate organic nitrates: a significant source of atmospheric secondary organic aerosols, A.W. Rollins, E. C. Browne, K.E. Min, S.E. Pusede, P.J. Wooldridge, D.R. Gentner, A.H. Goldstein, S. Liu, D.A. Day, L.M. Russell, R.C. Cohen (2012), Science, 337, 1210-1212.