Beth Anne Bennett
Development of time- and memory-efficient adaptive grid refinement techniques for solving systems of nonlinear elliptic PDEs in two and three dimensions, including multiple-scale finite-difference/finite-volume discretizations, treatment of nonstandard sparsity structures arising in related matrices, and algorithm parallelization. Application of these techniques to steady and unsteady multidimensional laminar combustion phenomena, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and solidification. More Information
Selected Awards & Honors:
- National Science Foundation ADVANCE Fellows Award (2002-2006)
- Computational and experimental study of the effects of adding dimethyl ether and ethanol to nonpremixed ethylene/air flames, B.A.V. Bennett, C.S. McEnally, L.D. Pfefferle, M.D. Smooke, and M.B. Colket, Combustion and Flame, 156, 1289-1302, 2009.
- Computational and experimental study of oxygen-enhanced axisymmetric laminar methane flames, B.A.V. Bennett, Z. Cheng, R.W.Pitz, and M.D. Smooke, Combustion Theory and Modeling, 12, 497-527, 2008.
- Local Rectangular Refinement in Three Dimensions (LRR3D): Development of a Solution-Adaptive Gridding Technique with Application to Convection-Diffusion Problems, Beth Anne Bennett, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B, 52, 1-32, 2007.
- A Mass-Conserving Vorticity-Velocity Formulation with Application to Nonreacting and Reacting Flows, SB Dworkin, Beth Anne Bennett, Mitchell D Smooke, J. Comp. Phys., 215, 430-447, 2006.
- Computational and Experimental Study of Axisymmetric Coflow Partially Premixed Methane/Air Flames, Beth Anne Bennett, Charles McEnally, Lisa D Pfefferle, Mitchell D Smooke, Combustion & Flame, 123, 522-546, 2000.
- A Comparison of the Structures of Lean and Rich Axisymmetric Laminar Bunsen Flames: Application of Local Rectangular Refinement Solution-Adaptive Gridding, Beth Anne Bennett, J. Fielding, R.J. Mauro, Marshall B Long, Mitchell D Smooke, Combustion Theory and Modelling, 3, 657-687, 1999.
- Local Rectangular Refinement with Application to Nonreacting and Reacting Fluid Flow Problems, Beth Anne Bennett, Mitchell D Smooke, Journal of Computational Physics, 151, 684-727, 1999.
- Local Rectangular Refinement with Application to Axisymmetric Laminar Flames, Beth Anne Bennett, Mitchell D Smooke, Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2, 221-258, 1998.
Professional Society Affiliations
- The Combustion Institute
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)