Ph.D., Yale University
My research is currently focused on three main areas: (i) brain deformation modeling and compensation during neurosurgical interventions, as well as complex 3D visualization of multimodal image data for surgical planning and guidance; (ii) Medical Image Analysis software development – primarily the BioImage Suite project (see www.bioimagesuite.org); and (iii) vascular image analysis, both in terms of monitoring angiogenesis and in the quantification of the growth of tissue engineered vessels.
- Joshi, A. and Scheinost, D. and Vives, KP and Spencer, DD and Staib, LH, Papademetris, X. Novel interaction techniques for neurosurgical planning and stereotactic navigation". IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics, accepted for publication.
- Joshi, A. and Qian, X. and Dione, D and Bulsara, KR and Breuer, CK and Sinusas, AJ, Papademetris, X. Effective visualization of complex vascular structures using a non-parametric vessel detection method. IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics, accepted for publication.
- Qian X, Brennan M, Dione D., Dobrucki L., Jackowski M., Breuer C, Sinusas A.J., Papademetris, X. A Non-Parametric Vessel Detection Method for Complex Vascular Structures. Medical Image Analysis, accepted for publication.
- Lacadie C, Fulbright RK, Constable RT, Papademetris X. More Accurate Talairach Coordinates for NeuroImaging, Human using Nonlinear Registration. NeuroImage in-press.
- Papademetris, X.; Vives, K.P.; DiStasio, M.; Staib, L.H.; Neff, M.; Flossman, S.; Frielinghaus, N.; Zaveri, H.; Novotny, E.J.; Blumenfeld, H.; Constable, R.T.; Hetherington, H.P.; Duckrow, R.B.; Spencer, S.S.; Spencer, D.D.; Duncan, J.S.; Development of a research interface for image guided intervention: initial application to epilepsy neurosurgery Biomedical Imaging: Nano to Macro, 2006. 3rd IEEE International Symposium on 6-9 April 2006 Page(s):490 - 493
- X. Papademetris, D. P. Dione, L. W. Dobrucki, L. H. Staib and A. J. Sinusas. Articulated Rigid Registration for Serial Lower-Limb Mouse Imaging. MICCAI 2005. LNCS 3750, p. 919-927.
- X. Papademetris, P. Shkarin, L. H. Staib, K. L. Behar. Regional Whole Body Fat Quantification in Mice. IPMI 2005, LNCS 3565, pp. 369–380, 2005. © Springer-Verlag 2005.
- X. Papademetris, A. P. Jackowski, R. T. Schultz, L. H. Staib and J. S. Duncan. Non-rigid Brain Registration using Extended Robust Point Matching for Composite Multisubject fMRI Analysis. MICCAI (2) 2003: 788-795.
- Papademetris, X.; Sinusas, A.J.; Dione, D.P.; Constable, R.T.; Duncan, J.S.; Estimation of 3-D left ventricular deformation from medical images using biomechanical models. Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on Volume 21, Issue 7, Jul 2002 Page(s):786 - 800 Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TMI.2002.801163
- X. Papademetris, A. J. Sinusas, D. P. Dione and J. S. Duncan. Left Ventricular Deformation from 3D Echocardiography. Medical Image Analysis (MedIA). March 2001(5:1 17-28)