Nicholas T. Ouellette
Website:Ouellette Research Lab
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
Room / Office: Mason M3
9 Hillhouse AvenueNew Haven, CT 06511
P.O. Box 208286New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 432-9662
- Ph.D., Cornell University
- B.A., Swarthmore College
Self-organization in complex systems; nonlinear dynamics; turbulence in two and three dimensions; particle-laden flow; collective animal behavior.
- D. H. Kelley and N. T. Ouellette, "Emergent dynamics of laboratory insect swarms," Sci. Rep. 3, 1073 (2013).
- N. Khurana, J. Blawzdziewicz, and N. T. Ouellette, "Reduced transport of swimming particles in chaotic flow due to hydrodynamic trapping," Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 198104 (2011).
- D. H. Kelley and N. T. Ouellette, "Spatiotemporal persistence of spectral fluxes in two-dimensional weak turbulence," Phys. Fluids 23, 115101 (2011).
- D. H. Kelley and N. T. Ouellette, "Separating stretching from folding in fluid mixing," Nature Phys. 7, 477-480 (2011).
- N. T. Ouellette, H. Xu, and E. Bodenschatz, "Bulk turbulence in dilute polymer solutions," J. Fluid Mech. 629, 375-385 (2009).
- N. T. Ouellette and J. P. Gollub, "Curvature fields, topology, and the dynamics of spatiotemporal chaos," Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 194502 (2007).
- M. Bourgoin, N. T. Ouellette, H. Xu, J. Berg, and E. Bodenschatz, "The role of pair dispersion in turbulent flow," Science 311, 835-838 (2006).