Nicholas T. Ouellette
Website:Ouellette Research Lab
Ph.D., Cornell University
Turbulent intermittency and universality; geometry and topology in complex flow; turbulence in two dimensions; strongly driven complex fluids; particle-laden flow; geophysical fluid dynamics; applications of machine vision and data mining to fluid mechanics.
- N. T. Ouellette, H. Xu, and E. Bodenschatz, "Bulk turbulence in dilute polymer solutions," 2009, J. Fluid Mech.629, 375-385.
- N. T. Ouellette, P. J. J. O'Malley, and J. P. Gollub, "Transport of finite-sized particles in chaotic flow," 2008, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 174504.
- Evolution of geometric structures in intense turbulence, H. Xu, Nicholas T Ouellette, E. Bodenschatz, 2008, New J. Phys., 10, 013012.
- Dynamic topology in spatiotemporal chaos, Nicholas T Ouellette, J.P. Gollub, 2008, Phys. Fluids, 20, 064104.
- Curvature fields, topology, and the dynamics of spatiotemporal chaos, Nicholas T Ouellette, J.P. Gollub, 2007,Phys. Rev. Lett., 99, 194502.
- The role of pair dispersion in turbulent flow, M. Bourgoin, Nicholas T Ouellette, H. Xu, J. Berg, E. Bodenschatz, 2006, Science, 311, 835.
- High order Lagrangian velocity statistics in turbulence, H. Xu, M. Bourgoin, Nicholas T Ouellette, E. Bodenschatz, 2006, Phys. Rev. Lett., 96, 024503.
- A quantitative study of three-dimensional Lagrangian particle tracking algorithms, Nicholas T Ouellette, H. Xu, E. Bodenschatz, 2006, Exp. Fluids, 40, 301.