Associate Professor of Computer Science
Room / Office: Watson 308A
51 Prospect StreetNew Haven, CT 06511
P.O. Box 208285New Haven, CT 06520
- Ph.D., Cornell University
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. Balakrishnan works in the union of distributed systems, networking and storage systems. He is particularly interested in new principles and abstractions that can simplify the construction of scalable, fault-tolerant software systems.
- Tango: Distributed Data Structures over a Shared Log. Mahesh Balakrishnan, Dahlia Malkhi, Ted Wobber, Ming Wu, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Michael Wei, John D. Davis, Sriram Rao, Tao Zou, Aviad Zuck. In SOSP 2013: The 24th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles.
- Consistency-Based Service Level Agreements for Cloud Storage. Douglas Terry, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Rama Kotla, Mahesh Balakrishnan, Marcos K. Aguilera, Hussam Abu-Libdeh. In SOSP 2013: The 24th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles.
- CORFU: A Shared Log Design for Flash Clusters. Mahesh Balakrishnan, Dahlia Malkhi, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Ted Wobber, Michael Wei, John D. Davis. In NSDI 2012: 9th Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, San Jose, CA, April 2012.
- Dr. Multicast: Rx for Data Center Communication Scalability. Ymir Vigfusson, Hussam Abu-Libdeh, Mahesh Balakrishnan, Ken Birman, Robert Burgess, Gregory Chockler, Haoyuan Li, Yoav Tock. In EuroSys 2010: 5th ACM European Conference on Computer Systems, Paris, France, April 2010.
- Extending SSD Lifetimes with Disk-Based Write Caches. Gokul Soundararajan, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Mahesh Balakrishnan, Ted Wobber. In FAST 2010: 8th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies, San Jose, CA, February 2010.
- Ricochet: Lateral Error Correction for Time-Critical Multicast. Mahesh Balakrishnan, Ken Birman, Amar Phanishayee, Stefan Pleisch. In NSDI 2007: Fourth Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, Cambridge, MA, April 2007.