Lawrence H. Staib
Ph.D., Yale University
Automated biomedical image analysis and measurement. Geometric and probabilistic deformable models for segmentation and nonrigid registration of biomedical images for measurement of structure and function with applications to neuroscience and cardiology. Functional magnetic resonance image (fMRI) analysis. Diffusion weighted magnetic resonance (DW-MR) image analysis.
- Y. Jiang, E. Edmiston, F. Wang, H. P. Blumberg, X. Papademetris and L. H. Staib, Improve the Reliability of Shape Comparison by Perturbation, IEEE Int. Symp. Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), pages 686-689, 2009.
- R. Bansal, L. H. Staib, D. Xu, A. F. Laine, J. Liu, B. S. Peterson, Using Perturbation Theory to Reduce Noise in Diffusion Tensor Fields, Medical Image Analysis, 2009.
- H. P. Ho, X. Papademetris, F. Wang, H. Blumberg, L. H. Staib, Volumetric Shape Model for Oriented Tubular Structure from DTI data, Medical Image Computing and Computer Aided Intervention (MICCAI) 2009.
- Neighbor-Constrained Segmentation with 3D Deformable Models, J. Yang, Lawrence H Staib, James S Duncan, 2003, IPMI (Info. Processing in Med. Imaging), 198-209.
- Automated Measurement of Latent Morphological Features in the Human Corpus Callosum, B.S. Peterson, P.A. Feineigle, Lawrence H Staib, J.C. Gore , 2001, Human Brain Mapping, 12(4), 232-245.
- Physical Model-Based Non-rigid Registration Incorporating Statistical Shape Information , Y. Wang, Lawrence H Staib, 2000, Medical Image Analysis, 4, 7-20.
- Boundary Finding with Prior Shape and Smoothness Models, Y. Wang , Lawrence H Staib, 2000, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, 22(7), 738-743.
- U.S. Patents 6878115 (April 2005), 7025725 (April 2006), 3D ultrasound computed tomography imaging system, (with D. Dione, W. Smith).