Lawrence H. Staib
Ph.D., Yale University
Automated medical image analysis including model-based image segmentation, nonrigid registration methods, characterization of deformation, machine learning, structural connectivity image analysis, and functional magnetic resonance image analysis with applications in neuroscience, cardiology and cancer.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (2015)
- M. Jackowski, C. Y. Kao, R. T. Constable, M. Qiu and L. H. Staib, White matter tractography by Anisotropic Wavefront Evolution and Diffusion Tensor Imaging, Medical Image Analysis, 9:427-440, 2005.
- H. Ho, F. Wang, X. Papademetris, H. Blumberg, L. H. Staib, Fasciculography: Robust Prior-Free Real-Time Normalized Volumetric Neural Tract Parcellation, IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging, 31(2):217-230, 2012.
- J. A. Onofrey, L. H. Staib and X. Papademetris, Low-Dimensional Non-rigid Image Registration Using Statistical Deformation Models and Semi-Supervised Learning, IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging, 34(7):1522-1532, 2015.
- Y. Jiang, E. Edmiston, F. Wang, H. P. Blumberg, X. Papademetris and L. H. Staib, Improve the Reliability of Shape Comparison by Perturbation, IEEE Int. Symp. Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), pages 686-689, 2009.
- R. Bansal, L. H. Staib, D. Xu, A. F. Laine, J. Liu, B. S. Peterson, Using Perturbation Theory to Reduce Noise in Diffusion Tensor Fields, Medical Image Analysis, 2009.
- H. P. Ho, X. Papademetris, F. Wang, H. Blumberg, L. H. Staib, Volumetric Shape Model for Oriented Tubular Structure from DTI data, Medical Image Computing and Computer Aided Intervention (MICCAI) 2009.
- Neighbor-Constrained Segmentation with 3D Deformable Models, J. Yang, Lawrence H Staib, James S Duncan, 2003, IPMI (Info. Processing in Med. Imaging), 198-209.
- Automated Measurement of Latent Morphological Features in the Human Corpus Callosum, B.S. Peterson, P.A. Feineigle, Lawrence H Staib, J.C. Gore , 2001, Human Brain Mapping, 12(4), 232-245.
- Physical Model-Based Non-rigid Registration Incorporating Statistical Shape Information , Y. Wang, Lawrence H Staib, 2000, Medical Image Analysis, 4, 7-20.
- Boundary Finding with Prior Shape and Smoothness Models, Y. Wang , Lawrence H Staib, 2000, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, 22(7), 738-743.
- U.S. Patents 6878115 (April 2005), 7025725 (April 2006), 3D ultrasound computed tomography imaging system, (with D. Dione, W. Smith).