Website:Personal Web Page
- Ph.D., Princeton University
- M.A., Princeton University
- B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Computer architecture and security: Secure hardware-software architectures for servers and mobile devices; Many-core processor architectures with security features, Hardware trust evidence; Design for security and energy efficiency; Security architecture verification; Cloud computing security; Data center security.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Wu Prize for Excellence, Princeton University, School of Engineering & Applied Science, Fall 2012
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Princeton University, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Spring 2011 & Spring 2010
- National Science Foundation's East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (EAPSI) Fellowship, Summer 2009
- Graduate Fellowship, Princeton University
- Jakub Szefer and Ruby B. Lee, "BitDeposit: Deterring Attacks and Abuses of Cloud Computing Services Through Economic Measures," in Proceedings of the Workshop on Assured Cloud Computing (ACC), May 2013.
- Jakub Szefer, Pramod Jamkhedkar, Yu-Yuan Chen and Ruby B. Lee, "Physical Attack Protection with Human-Secure Virtualization in Data Centers," in Proceedings of the Workshop on Open Resilient human-aware Cyber-physical Systems (WORCS), pp. 1-6, June 2012.
- Jakub Szefer and Ruby B. Lee, "Architectural Support for Hypervisor-Secure Virtualization," in Proceedings of the International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), pp. 437-450, March 2012.
- Jakub Szefer, Eric Keller, Ruby B. Lee and Jennifer Rexford, "Eliminating the Hypervisor Attack Surface for a More Secure Cloud," in Proceedings of the Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), pp. 401-412, October 2011.